Principal Research Associate, Adjunct Professor
+386 5 700 19 04
+386 5 700 19 99
Field of research:
- Karst hydrogeology.
- International Association of Hydrogeologists, Commission on Hydrogeology of Karst,
- Slovenian National Committee for IHP UNESCO,
- Slovene Committee of the IAH (SKIAH),
- Slovenian Geological Society,
- expert commission of the UNESCO Global Geopark Idrija,
- Organizing Committee of the International Karstological School “Classical Karst”,
- Editorial Board of the Acta Carsologica.
Advanced scientific study abroad:
- Grant »Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst« at the Department of Applied Geology, University Karlsruhe in Germany (1 October - 31 December 1996),
- Research work in Brazil, Croatia, China, Iran, Italy, Macedonia, Germany, Serbia, Turkey, Great Britain, and United Arab Emirates.
- Karstology study programme, Graduate School, University of Nova Gorica (subjects: Karst hydrogeology; Research methods and techniques in karst hydrogeology; Tracing of karst waters), and first degree programme at the School of Environmental Sciences, University of Nova Gorica (subject: Hydrology),
- Faculty of Humanities Koper, University of Primorska (subjects: Karst and karstology, Karst hydrology and ecology).
Supervision of doctoral thesis:
- Kogovšek, Blaž, 2022. Characterization of a karst aquifer in the recharge area of Malenščica and Unica springs based on spatial and temporal variations of natural tracers: dissertation. Nova Gorica, 242 p.
- Gičevski, Biljana, 2016. Hydrogeological and speleological research of the spring cave Slatinski Izvor and its recharge area (Republic of Macedonia): dissertation. Nova Gorica, 185 p.
- Kogovšek, Janja, 2009. Characteristics of percolation through the karst vadose zone: dissertation. Nova Gorica, 215 p.
- Kovačič, Gregor, 2009. Hydrology of the Malenščica karst spring and its catchment: dissertation. Koper, 329 p.
- Petrič, M., Ravbar, N., Gostinčar, P., Krsnik, P., Gacin, M., 2020. GIS database of groundwater flow characteristics in carbonate aquifers: tracer test inventory from Slovenian karst. Applied geography, 118, 8 p. doi: 10.1016/j.apgeog.2020.102191.
- Ćuk, M., Petrič, M., Jemcov, I., Mulec, J., Mazej, Z., Mayaud, C., Blatnik, M., Kogovšek, B., Ravbar, N., 2022. Multivariate statistical analysis of hydrochemical and microbiological natural tracers as a tool for understanding karst hydrodynamics (the Unica springs, SW Slovenia). Water resources research, 58/11, e2021wr031831, p. 1-20. doi: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2022.104243.
- Vilhar, U., Kermavnar, J., Kozamernik, E., Petrič, M., Ravbar, N., 2022. The effects of large-scale forest disturbances on hydrology : an overview with special emphasis on karst aquifer systems. Earth-science reviews, 235, p. 1-21, doi: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2022.104243.
- Kogovšek, J., Petrič, M., 2014. Solute transport processes in a karst vadose zone characterized by long-term tracer tests (the cave system of Postojnska Jama, Slovenia). Journal of Hydrology, 519A: 1205-1213, doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.08.047.
- Petrič, M., 2019. The use of artificial tracer tests in the process of management of karst water resources in Slovenia. In: Younos, T. (ed), et al. Karst water environment: advances in research, management and policy, (The handbook of environmental chemistry. Cham: Springer, p. 133-156, doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-77368-1_5.
- Ravbar, N., Petrič, M., Blatnik, M., Švara, A., 2021. A multi-methodological approach to create improved indicators for the adequate karst water source protection. Ecological indicators: integrating monitoring, assessment and management, 126, 14 p., doi: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2021.107693.
- Petrič, M., Kogovšek, J., Ravbar, N., 2018. Effects of the vadose zone on groundwater flow and solute transport characteristics in mountainous karst aquifers: the case of the Javorniki-Snežnik massif (SW Slovenia). Acta carsologica, 47/1: p. 35-51, doi: 10.3986/ac.v47i1.5144.
- Vižintin, G., Ravbar, N., Janež, J., Koren, E., Janež, N., Zini, L., Treu, F., Petrič, M., 2018. Integration of models of various types of aquifers for water quality management in the transboundary area of the Soča/Isonzo river basin (Slovenia/Italy). Science of the total environment, 619/620: p. 1214-1225, doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.11.017.
Common system for the evaluation of the sustainability of water resources management in the Natural Parks Škocjanske Jame and Risnjak (interreg • 01. january 2014 - 17. june 2015)
Joint Geo-Information System (GIS) for Emergency Protection of Drinking Water Resources (interreg • 02. november 2011 - 30. october 2014)
Use of tracing with environmental and artificial tracers in planning of the protection of karst waters (aplikativni • 01. february 2008 - 31. january 2011)
SMART-KARST: International Karstological School: Sustainable management of natural resources on karst (okvirni_program • 01. december 2005 - 30. november 2009)
Education: PhD in Geology.
Title: Principal Research Associate.
Academic title: Adjunct Professor of Karstology.